Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

More practice UPDATED 4

It's just a sketch for now--some guys sitting around the fire. I wonder why they haven't taken their boots off if they took off their hats and coats?

Thought I'd upload this as a sketch...just in case I somehow ruin it when I line/value/color it.



Edit: Rough value looks okay so far so I thought I'd put it up. There'll be more contrast later but this is the first pass for the background

Edit 2: Background value and detail are pretty much done, and basic shadow/highlight on the left character are done, but I've only put the proper value on his shirt so far


Edit 3: Both characters' value is done, the background is done...all that's left is noodling some details onto those books maybe, making the carpet a carpet, adding a rose and coatrack behind the righthand character...oh and color.

So, still a long way to go...but it's getting there.


Edit 4: Okay, I did all of those things so the value phase is done...finally...but I'm also back in classes so the colors will prolly take forever...
Bigger image this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment